Seattle: Part 2

Thursday was our third full day in Seattle. We started the day off by going to breakfast at a little cafe that Nathan had seen on Man vs. Food. It was okay, but the first day’s breakfast was definitely better.

After breakfast, we were pretty close to the University of Washington, so we drove over to campus and scoped it out a bit. For the most part, it seemed like a gorgeous campus. I didn’t get any pictures though. After a bit, we made our way back to the hotel where I took a little afternoon nap before we headed downtown for an underground tour of the city.

I never knew that Seattle had had a huge fire and had re-built on top of the old city, hence the underground tour. I also never realized that the inventor of the toilet was named Thomas Crapper. I assume that’s where the word crap comes from. I had no idea! You learn something new everyday.

After the tour, I insisted on going across the street for caramel apples that I had spotted earlier. It’s not everyday that you can eat a caramel apple. I used all of the walking we were doing as justification for all of the junk I ate. Um yeah, in addition to the apple, I also got a s’more. Or rather, a marshmallow covered in chocolate and graham cracker bits. Mmmmm…..

After I had eaten and was feeling good and fat, we headed back to the hotel and up to the rooftop deck to take my 23 week pictures:

Friday was our last full day, so we decided to get out of the city a little bit. We took a ferry across the water and then drove up to Port Townsend. The drive there was gorgeous,

and Nathan only tried to get us lost in the water a couple of times.

It was cold and rainy for most of the day on Friday, so we didn’t do too much exploring, but what we did see was beautiful.

After we’d seen what we wanted to see, we drove back to the ferry and made our way back to the big city where we had dinner at a really cute little Italian restaurant. Saturday morning we got up early and decided to make one last trip to the market. I needed more of those dried strawberries and I also wanted to eat crepes for breakfast at a little place we had seen there. Nathan didn’t join me for the crepes. Instead he had mac & cheese from a shop around the corner that makes all of their own cheeses. After wandering around a bit more, it was time to go back, get our stuff, and make our way to the airport.

The trip went way too quickly, but I’m so glad we had a chance to go. I have a feeling we won’t be doing anything like that again for quite some time!