Seattle: Part 1

We just got back from a quick trip up to Seattle. I really wanted us to take one last real trip (as in, out of Texas) before the baby comes. I know we’ll still travel when we can once she’s here, but it will be different. Very different. So we decided to take a little “babymoon” and Seattle is one place that I’ve never been but always wanted to go.

So Monday afternoon, off we went. We got into Seattle around 9pm local time and made it out of the airport and to our hotel by 10. They had a nice rooftop deck with views of the city, so we walked across the street to the store for some beer (for Nathan) and headed up. The view was spectacular!

Not too shabby!

However it was super windy and in the 40’s so we didn’t last too long. Pretty soon, we decided to go back to the room and get to bed so that we could get an early start the next day. I wasn’t able to sleep in at all and was awake by 6am, so an early start we did indeed get. I don’t know about you, but when I’m on vacation, food is my number one attraction. So we ate a lot. Tuesday morning, we walked over in the overcast and FREEZING cool morning to a little cafe for breakfast.

It was so delicious! Then we made our way all across town.

We had rented a car, but knew parking around downtown would be difficult, so we walked everywhere that day. It was more walking than I’ve done in a really long time, and I was definitely feeling it. Eventually, we made it to Pike Place market, and you guys, it was amazing!!

Get in my belly!

At one of the fruit stands, we bought these dried strawberries that were awesome! They were like real fruit snacks and I kind of ate a lot of them.

Of course we also had to stop by the world’s first Starbucks store where Nathan actually bought a cup of coffee and I didn’t. I love Starbuck’s but haven’t been too interested since I’ve been pregnant, and Nathan usually despises the place. By this time, the sun had creeped out and it was beautiful outside.

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around, eating at a brew pub, and once again checking out the rooftop deck. We knew that Wednesday was probably going to be our nicest day weather-wise, so we decided to the take a ferry across to Bainbridge island. The views were great, but again, the wind was really cold!

Once we got over there though, it was nothing but blue skies and gorgeous sunshine. We learned that it is indeed possible to get sunburned in Seattle. I know, crazy!

We ate at this really cute little restaurant at the top of the hill that had great views of the water.

Did I mention I like to eat?!

After we’d seen everything we wanted to see on the island (and after I had eaten some ice cream), we took the ferry back over to Seattle. I really wanted to get some night time skyline pictures of the city, so we went down to Alki Beach park and set up shop, waiting for the sun to set. Luckily I was able to get a few good ones!

And that concluded our second day in Seattle. I’ll pick back up on day three next post.