Party in the OBX!

Our trip to the Outer Banks didn’t last nearly long enough! I could definitely have used more time lounging on the beach with my books. But everything was a blast, and I’m so glad we got to make the trip.

As I mentioned previously, we got into Norfolk, Virginia really late on Wednesday night, stayed there for the night and then drove to the Outer Banks on Thursday. We couldn’t check into our hotel there until 4:00pm, so instead we stopped by THE HOUSE (aka the mansion where all of the wedding festivities were held) for a bit. This house was amazing. It was three levels and had like 8 bedrooms and who knows how many bathrooms, a poker room, a workout room, a media room, a video game room, a couple of living rooms, an elevator, a huge kitchen, a pool, a hot tub,  and balconies wrapping all around it with views of the ocean. Like I said, AMAZING. Quite the party house.

After we checked into our hotel, we decided to go for a short stroll on the beach before heading out for dinner. It was great.

For dinner, we decided to check out a North Carolina BBQ restaurant. It was good, but let there be no mistake: Texas BBQ is much better. Sorry North Carolina, it’s just a fact.

Friday was the bridesmaids luncheon, so Nathan drove myself and two of the other bridesmaids back to THE HOUSE where we all rode together to the restaurant. This was my first time ever being a bridesmaid, so all of these experiences were new to me. Being a bridesmaid is fun! After lunch, we headed back to THE HOUSE to get ready for the rehearsal dinner and the rehearsal itself.

Jen's Rehearsal Dinner cowboy boots!

There was margaritas, Tex-Mex, and lots and lots of dancing. My legs were sore the next morning from being so out of shape all the dancing.

Saturday I had to get up pretty early in order to be at THE HOUSE by 8:30am for hair and other preparations. We spent the morning and early afternoon having our hair done, painting our nails,

putting our bouquets together,



and getting dressed.

wedding shoes...

Finally it was time for the wedding. And what a beautiful wedding it was! The weather could not have been more perfect and everything ran smoothly. After the ceremony, we went down to the beach to take pictures.

The rest of the reception was a blast, and I was exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel. I had designated Sunday as our beach day, but the weather didn’t approve of this idea. Within minutes of getting set up in the sand with a beach towel, book, and beer (for Nathan), it started to rain. Boo. So instead of laying out in the sunshine like I had planned, we went for a little drive around town before meeting Jen and Matt for dinner at this really great restaurant in an old Victorian house.

Monday morning we got up for breakfast in the hotel, packed our stuff and headed out to the beach for about an hour and a half of pure bliss. I could have stayed there all day. Literally. All day. But we had a plane to catch, so that wasn’t exactly an option. On the way to the airport (ok, it wasn’t exactly on the way per say), I made Nathan take me to see a light house. We didn’t have time to climb up to the top, so it was about as exciting as watching paint dry. But it was pretty, and I got to take a picture, so win/win.

What a fantastic trip! Congrats to the newlyweds!!